So lately I have been craving a change...some sort of change, which is very unusual for me because I tend to like to be able to control things because then I have no surprises and I can count on everything to run smoothly just like it always does. So this craving for a change is sorta throwing me off, and I have no inkling as to where or what I want changed. Maybe it is just a sign of growth within myself that I can handle new and unexpected things with more maturity and sophistication??
I read an article last night about finding happiness with what you have and not getting so caught up looking at the things your friends and family possess. This woman said she was so caught up in wanting a huge house like her friend that she was completely missing out on enjoying the lovely home she had until she heard her friend complaining and saying how when she had a bigger home she would finally be content and happy.
This article really got me to thinking...am I missing out in everyday happiness because I am too caught up in when I find a husband, when I can afford to vacation on a tropical island, when I have a new SUV, when, when, when...????? I just want to yell - STOP THE INSANITY!!! It is time to get out my grateful clicker (via Hilary Weeks - www.billionclicks.org happiness is a click away) and see, really see all the wonderful people and blessings in my life right now. I don't want to miss another minute of seeing the hand of God in my life and as I look for the good, I not only find happiness, but I see his love for me in all things. Want to change your life and find happiness starting today...start clicking! It becomes addicting and every time I get grouchy I just pull out my clicker and smile...click, click, click!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment