Our church sponsored a youth conference this last Friday for about 500 youth ranging from 14-18. I was a chaperone for the dance that night. As I sat their watching all these teens have a great time it hit me that I have the same type hairstyle as most of the teen girls in that room. My hair is half way down my back and all one length. I basically have two styles...ponytail/pull it up or leave it straight. At that moment I felt really out of place like I was trying to lay seige upon my youth instead of embracing the fact that my life is half way over and I am a grown adult woman.
So last night I walked into Walmart to buy some groceries and the hair salon inside the store was empty so I rushed in before I lost my nerve and whacked it all off. See Below
Do I like it? Well I have mixed emotions but what I do like is that I now look more my age and not like I am trying to look forever young!
No comments:
Post a Comment