Friday, August 10, 2012

Dangerously Stupid Zone

I recently read a blog post about choices we make.  I tend to see things in white (good)/ black (bad) and not really gray (middle).  To me the gray area of a choice is more for cowards who tend to sit on the fence and don't really want to commit to a side.  Don't get me wrong I have been gray plenty of times in my life but as I have come to know and love myself better, I see life more in black and white and not so much gray.  I guess it is also because with this new found knowledge and self love come confidence, bravery, and courage to be able to take a stand for the things I believe in.  When we sit on the fence (which is gray) we put ourselves in what can be termed the "Dangerously Stupid Zone!"  We are then tempted, persuaded, pushed, or bullied into choosing a side which we may not be comfortable with but are not strong or brave enough to stand up and walk away from.  Thus we fall circumstance to the consquences of the choices of the side we were persuaded to stand with and become a victim to our own stupidity.  I see this everyday with the teens I work with at church.  If they could only see the strength and feel the love I have for them, they would be unstoppable at anything they CHOOSE to do.  So what about you?  Do you have things in your life that you are sitting on the fence about?  This is what I have been contemplating this week and praying to be brought to light in my life so I can choose a side.  I found this picture that sort of put it into perspective for me.  As I make a choice I stop to think...on which side does my choice tip the scales - for the good of my Savior or against Him?  I always want it to be for the good, I do not want to ever cause Him anymore pain.  He has shed so many drops of his own blood for me already.  It only takes a moment to stop and think before I act/choose.  Our Savior, Jesus Christ is always fighting for the good of our souls, he never stops, sleeps, or quits loving us.  He only joins His strength to ours and ensures us success as we focus on Him and becoming like Him.  I leave you with some of my favorite words from Him whom I love most, the #1 man in my life:

John 16:33
"These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace.  In the world ye shall have tribultaion:  but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world."
                

No comments:

Post a Comment