Tuesday, January 26, 2016

LDS Pioneer Day Celebration

While in LDS Nursery for the past year, I learned so much about  children ages 18 months to 3 years old.  They are like a sponge and soak up and retain everything.  So many times I think we just think of Nursery as "daycare" but it can be so much more with a just a little bit of effort on the Leader's part.  I was blessed to work with two very awesome ladies, Barbara Palfreyman and Yvette Tafoya.  We had so much fun with these sweet little ones, here are some of the fun things we accomplished.

Pioneer Days:  with the help of my Mother, we built a covered wagon, sewed pioneer bonnets, and for the boys we bought bandannas.  Barbara made a fire and served them pioneer food, we also did a snake jump and a Relief Society parade (Our sweet Relief Society Sister's sang a hymn while we paraded through it was awesome for them and for us!) .  The pictures show all the fun we had that day.   

    

     

  

No comments:

Post a Comment