Monday, May 21, 2012

The Dance Upcycle

Happy Monday,  wow what a weekend!  Kierra had her last eighth grade dance on Friday.  We upcycled a fancy dress my Dad had given her from a couple Christmas' ago.  It is a wonderful wine colored and comes to her shins.  She hasn't worn it in over a year.  I asked her to go shopping with me for a new dress but after an hour of looking and trying different things on, she was beat.  She is not the endurance shopper I am.  After a quick assessment of a store she is done; I have to beg to get her to try things on.  Luckily, she is a good girl and complies, mostly because she knows it's the end to the means to getting me out of the store.

Anyway, she asked if we could just refashion the dress she had.  She made me so happy, she came out with a cute black cropped knit jacket and had (I was so proud!)  added a black belt to the waistline and then wanted to cut the dress to knee lenght - keeping within BYU standards of course...such a good girl!  We cut it off and her grandma hand hemmed it and whalllaaa she threw on a pair of black leggins and put some waves in her hair and was a beautiful vision of elegance mixed with modesty - my favorite combinations!!

No comments:

Post a Comment