Friday, May 25, 2012

Comfort Zones

I had the best time last night with my mom.  We went shopping for tile to replace the vinyl she has in her kitchen.  Then we did some clothes shopping, which I love!  I found her the perfect shirt for her style and was pleased that she tried on some other styles I suggested (even though she didn't buy them).  I have found that I always try on the "normal" style of clothes that first catches my eye.  But, then I go back through the racks again looking for unique or off the wall styles and try on atleast 4 different things I would not normally wear.  It is usually one or two of the "off the wall styles"  that looks the best!  It's amazing to open yourself up for something new and push out of your normal comfort zone.  It can actually transform you and bring about greater confidence and even install courage to venture into the unknown in other areas of your life! - Sounds silly?  Try it and let me know your thoughts and experiences!! 

By the way I bought 2 shirts...1-is a little hippyish and the other is more understated and sorta old school preppyish - pics to come!  (P.S....come back and visit...I type the posts at work on my breaks and then add the pics when I get home from my digital camera.)
Here I am working hard!  Hurray it's Friday and I have a 3-day weekend full of yardwork, sewing projects, and quality time with my kiddos!

No comments:

Post a Comment