Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Blog Refashion

After paying my bills this weekend, and seeing how much I over spent trying to be impressively dressed for this blog, I decided I need a blog refashion!!  No more shopping for me!!!  I have so many clothes already and with the amount of money I spent this month adding new pieces, I could have gone to Albquerque to the Temple. 
I was getting so caught up in how I looked, I felt like I was letting what is most important to me slip...my kids and my testimony.  I was so worried about losing weight to look better in the pictures, I put my scripture studies on the back burner and would work out instead.  Then at night I would try on alteast six different outfits when I should have been reading my scriptures and praying.  This is where the refashioning comes in - I don't want to spend my time on the internet comparing myself to all the other fashion blogs out there.  I don't want to blend in, I want to stand out because I am different.  I have my own funky, unique style and I am proud of that.  I love the strong person I have become and I cherish the relationship I have developed with my Savior and Heavenly Father.  For the first time in my life I KNOW  I am a daughter of a King, a child of God, and it's time that I give up my wants to fultill the plans He has instore for my life. 

Please don't get me wrong, I love the fashion blogs out there.  Those women have amazing talents and insights and I enjoy reading them and will continue to do so.  But I have a focus for me...I have a goal and because I over spent I am not sure I will able to fulfill that goal of going to the temple every other month. I was supposed to go this month and forgot all about it.  I am not going to spend anymore (let's be realistic, I am addicted to thriftstore shopping...I admit it) than $10 a week on thrifting.  Which means I will have to really use my imagination to put together outfits from the items already in my closet.  This will be a whole new dimension in fashion for me. 

In a way this experience has been good for me.  I will ensure for the future that I sacrifice first for the temple and that I never again take my eyes away from what is really important to me.  I decided this Sunday after getting up early to read my scriptures.  Then today on my break I went to read in Lds.org and on the front of the webpage is this article: 


Turn Toward the Temple
“Why are so many willing to give so much in order to receive the blessings of the temple?” President Thomas S. Monson said, and then he answered his own question: “Those who understand the eternal blessings which come from the temple know that no sacrifice is too great, no price too heavy, no struggle too difficult in order to receive those blessings.”


Gym update:  Skipped Friday and went to see Men in Black III instead.  Good Movie with a great ending.  Saturday helped my mom paint her kitchen from a gorgeous apricot flower color to sanitarium white.  (I say sanitarium because I would go insane living in a completely white walled house!  My walls are a taupe color and they are so relaxing to me.)  Then we had Makayla's 20th birthday party (my oldest daughter).  Lots of sopapillas, enchiladas, laughter, cheesecake...I am still full!!  This morning I headed back to the gym to work off all the eating I did on Saturday.  I am pushing myself alittle harder this week so I am sure I will be sore again.  But it is paying off already.  Two weeks ago I bought a pair of capris that I couldn't get buttoned.  I figured I would work into them.  Well this morning they fit!!  I love when I see results, it motivates me to keep moving and helps me get up sooooooo freaking early, plus with my new found muslces, I can fight off the bed monster that tries to grab me and pull me back to sleep.
Sweater:  Thrifted $2.00, Shirt:  Thrifted $2.00, Capri:  Thrifted $3.69



No comments:

Post a Comment