This has got to be my "good luck/tender mercies month". It is off to a great start already, My oldest daughter Makayla (age 19) just received Employee of Month - I am so proud!! She received a $100 bonus and a paid day off. Then Hunter (15) started his first job at Ace Hardware for the summer. He said so far they have him putting together all the displays. I love it...now when Christmas time comes and James gets new toys, Hunter will be a pro at disciphering the instruction manual. I told him he is getting valuable training for when he becomes a father. (He rolled his eyes and was like...yeah ok mom.) Kierra (14) has started soccer practice with FHS Scorpions and is tired and sore. They are learning ball controlling techniques and she is in loving every minute of it! She said something about playing volleyball and only being able to use their head and feet - no hands. Little James (3) is swimming his heart out in his new pool and helping Nana do yardwork. He is a ball full of energy. Wednesday night at our youth activity he was running around while all the kids played Ultimate Frisbee. He ended up falling and cut his mouth open. When he saw the blood, he panicked and so I said, " let's go home and clean you up and put some ice on your mouth". He said, "No, Mom...Ice cream is better." We stopped off at Sonic on the way home and after eating his ice cream cone he was again off and running.






As for me, I have a few sewing projects in the works. (Pics to come) I am currently working on finishing an A-line Skirt, and then a shirt refashion from a maternity shirt. Yesterday I picked up the cutest 70's dress with a scarf-like tie at the neck - can't wait to modernize it. Unfortantely it fits alittle snug so I might have to wait a couple months when my early morning weight training has taken effect. It will be my incentive to lose my first 10 pounds!





This week's tender mercy moment: My air conditioner on my house is the orginal from 30 yrs ago when the house was brand new. I am replacing it this year and we are doing duct work to each room. The unit only blows are from one central location - the hall way; at night we about die from the heat. After looking at my budget I only had enough to cover the supplies but not he labor. Thanfully, my ex-husband is willing to do all the labor for free. What a blessing is has been to be able to forgive and become friends with my ex- husbands. Once again, the Lord has taken care of me.
No comments:
Post a Comment