
So this morning I am fighting off the urge to skip the gym and just keep sleeping. I finally dragged myself up, read my scriptures, and headed out the door feeling pretty cute in my bright red work out shirt. It was arm day so I did my usual 15 minutes on the stair climber to get my heart rate up and then worked out my arms till they felt like were going to fall off. Then I headed upstairs to run for 20 minutes. I love running...actual running - never on a treadmill! So I am going at a slow pace running a mile (9 laps at the fitness center track - working up to 2 miles). When this older (70's) gentleman about 6'3 to 6'5 catches up to me and he is walking a brisk walk with his long legs. I have my earphones and music on so I don't really pay to much attention as he is striding along at my side....when all a sudden, he interrupts my thoughts and says, "If you don't pick it up I will walk faster than you can run." I must admit I was alittle taken aback by his brashness and tried to be friendly by explaining I was new and am working my way up to a faster pace. He replied, "WELL PICK IT UP AND GET MOVING ALREADY!! I was thinking...are you serious???? So I did what any kind human being would do in my situation...I RAMMED HIS SKINNY BUTT INTO THE GYM WALL!!
Just kidding - hahaha, I picked up the pace and sped a good distance away from him, wishing I had rammed him into the wall - people these days, can't a girl get a little RESPECT!!
By the way Rachel at Pink Peonies is giving away a Fabulous Kelly Green Bag!! To enter, click the link and follow the instructions.
No comments:
Post a Comment