I am so excited!!! I just bought a bread maker for $10 at one of my favorite thrift shops. The sales clerk and I plugged it in and it works!! She even commented on how it looks brand new and unused. Hurray for me...why??? Well last month at Relief Society we had a potluck with the instructions we had to make and bring something using our food storage items. Kassie Rogers brought this wonderful wheat bread. I have never in my life made bread...store bought is running through my veins. I know...my poor deprived children!! Kassie said she just throws all the ingredients into her bread machine and then puts the dough into pans and bakes. It really was the best bread I have ever tasted!! She suggested that I look for one during my thrift store romps. I took her advice and now I can make bread - cooking has never been one of my specialities. I am trying to find some really great recipes to master - fortunately there are recipes with pictures so I can tell if I am doing it right!
This weekend we are going to have fresh home-made bread! And if I am really ambitious I might even have my mom or sister teach me how to make the freezer jelly everyone is raving about. Geez, sometimes I think I am in my own little world - an alternate reality...freezer jelly. Who woulda thunk???
Here is my first and second attempt:
So remember, I never said I was a domestic goddess!! I am not sure what happened...I took it out of the bread machine and placed it in the pan and it rose up all nice and pretty until James touched the first one and it fell. The second one though fell during cooking. I am going to try my mom's recipe, this one just doesn't work for me...yeah that's it!!! However, the bread tasted fine, my daughter's friend Andi loved it. Hunter has to take the Sacrament Bread for church all month in July so I have one and half weeks to get it perfect!
No comments:
Post a Comment